Business Development and Proposal Management
Work Location: Virginia
Business Development is responsible for building market position by locating, developing, defining, and negotiating business relationships. The Proposals Manager creates, modifies and writes business development proposals for the organization. The preparation of proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs) requires the leadership of a diverse group of subject matter experts. The Manager must possess a good understanding of the OneWeb Technologies offerings to its clients and the ability to lead the multi-functional process of developing successful proposals. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Work with Sales personnel to review all requests for proposals (RFPs) and quickly organize a proposal team, develop proposal plans and prepare a high quality proposal that will enable a competitive presentation of OneWeb Technologies services.
- Prepare proposal draft and final versions assuring responsiveness to RFP, thoroughness, accuracy, creativity, staffing, financial considerations, quality and effective design and layout.
- Review/rewrite proposal inputs and coordinate with management personnel to ensure accuracy.
- Create and maintain a proposal library/database.
- Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; Create corporate concepts and boilerplate content for use in future proposals.
- Together with Sales, guide proposal team, writers and financial analysts in preparing the technical and cost components of the proposal, including understanding of the task, plan, client needs, past performance and personnel.
- Clearly communicate to the proposal team timelines and deliverable expectations for each Proposal.
- Maintain well documented proposal development processes, assure all are aware of the processes and following them as designed
- Strong skills in interpersonal communication, writing, and organization
- Excellent writing skills, strong ability to summarize data concisely
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high motivation
- Good reasoning abilities. Sound judgment
- Ability to synthesize and process disparate information
- Possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Skill & Qualifications
- Prospecting and Closing Skills
- Motivation for Sales
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Sales Planning and Territory Management
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Market Knowledge
- Presentation Skills
- Professionalism and Energy Level
About OneWeb Technologies
OneWeb Technologies is the premier global provider of innovative, secure satellite communications (SATCOM) application solutions.
We uniquely combine extensive satellite access and expansive terrestrial capacity with highly effective applications to deliver best-fit, custom end-to-end solutions. For customers requiring instant, robust and easily deployable connectivity, our solutions provide maximum reliability across a wide range of applications.
From broadband Internet access, VoIP and voice, video conferencing and data communications for business continuity to emergency response, tactical field deployment and temporary usage, OneWeb Technologies delivers the ideal satellite communications solution.
OneWeb Technologies provides paramount services, supported by a highly experienced engineering team that is dedicated to setting industry standards, developing secure networks and delivering unparalleled customer service.
The only satellite communications provider with its own network infrastructure and 24/7 primary Network Operations Center located on a secure military base, OneWeb Tecnologies unparalleled global network, industry experience, ISO 9001:2015 registered customer satisfaction processes and engineering expertise exceeds the security and reliability standards of our customers.
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.