Field Services Manager
Work Location: Houston or Remote within one hour of a major airport and travel to customer locations
The Field Services Technician is responsible for managing, scheduling, coordinating and performing satellite antenna installations and maintenance at customer locations. Primary tasks include oversight of parts ordering and delivery, management of assigned staff and sub-contractors, project management, hands on installation, and troubleshooting assistance after installation. The candidate should hold a successful track record supporting US government agency or major industrial communications systems, with experience solving problems and advancing requirements within a 24x7 environment. Applicants selected must have a minimum US Secret clearance.
- Support a global satellite architecture, proactively respond to and fix issues for customers
- Install, Operate, and Maintain satellite terminals in a wide variety of installation configurations
- Provide customers with responsive, concise and accurate status or service updates, issues and risks
- Manage staff, sub-contractors, suppliers, and transportation providers
- Produce detailed project documentation
- Interact in a technical team environment with software, network and systems engineers
- Identify, document, track and escalate issues as necessary
- Utilize network related protocols and services as well as LAN/WAN implementation and troubleshooting
- Provide assistance with architecture implementation and operational support
- Diagnosis of system issues and fault isolation
- Two-year college degree, or equivalent, in electronics, computer science, information systems and/or related technical school
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in satellite, microwave, or LTE transmissions
- DOD or maritime operations experience a strong plus
- Current US Passport
- Active in-scope DOD Secret clearance desired
- TWIC card desired
Necessary Skills / Attributes
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects and performance objectives
- Work independently, or in a team environment, to install, operate, and maintain assigned systems and complete assignments within established time frames
- Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist
- Make professional technical presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, to internal and external customers and leadership
- Work is generally performed at remote locations in the US and Canada
- The ability to lift 50 lbs and transport 25 meters unaided
- The ability to climb steep staircases/ladders with tight tolerances
- Perform work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines
- Travel and work on site is expected to be 50%
About OneWeb Technologies
OneWeb Technologies is the premier global provider of innovative, secure satellite communications (SATCOM) application solutions.
We uniquely combine extensive satellite access and expansive terrestrial capacity with highly effective applications to deliver best-fit, custom end-to-end solutions. For customers requiring instant, robust and easily deployable connectivity, our solutions provide maximum reliability across a wide range of applications.
From broadband Internet access, VoIP and voice, video conferencing and data communications for business continuity to emergency response, tactical field deployment and temporary usage, OneWeb Technologies delivers the ideal satellite communications solution.
OneWeb Technologies provides paramount services, supported by a highly experienced engineering team that is dedicated to setting industry standards, developing secure networks and delivering unparalleled customer service.
The only satellite communications provider with its own network infrastructure and 24/7 primary Network Operations Center located on a secure military base, OneWeb Tecnologies unparalleled global network, industry experience, ISO 9001:2015 registered customer satisfaction processes and engineering expertise exceeds the security and reliability standards of our customers.
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.