Senior Network Engineer
Work Location: Northern Virginia
The Senior Network Engineer represents the delivery of network infrastructure projects, customer site services and customer premise equipment (CPE) establishing standard solutions for implementation. As a Senior Network Engineer, you will support and manage multiple projects within the business customer base. The Senior Network Engineer typically engages at the technology level within the customer base when solutions to meet identified business needs cannot be met by established standard solutions and require custom designs. You will regularly lead multiple projects and performs project activities such as planning, requirements gathering, design configuration and testing. Engagements typically reflect rapid development, integration, and implementation of network solution design recommendations.
The Senior Network Engineer collaborates with the OWT Sales Engineers and clients’ technical staff to ensure alignment and congruence between the client’s infrastructure and proposed custom solutions in order to affect a seamless integration and implementation of technologies. The Senior Network Engineer will manage and take ownership of non-standard complex technical customer projects in such a way that each project is accomplished to the satisfaction of the customer Statement of Work (SOW), on schedule, quality assured, and within budget. As a Senior Network Engineer, you will ensure any flow-down requirements are managed to overall project scope, including those occasions that may involve Third Party Vendors (TPV) and internal suppliers. Individuals in this position will rely on technical experience and understanding to ensure engineering milestones are achievable and aligned to solution end-state. You will ensure that projects are planned, coordinated, and communicated in a professional manner, keeping stakeholders regularly informed of progress, and ensuring that all stakeholder expectations are managed, and committed dates are consistently met. As project lead, you will act as, or define, the project single-point-of-contact (SPOC) for all external and partners as well as internal team members on projects managed.
- Validate the appropriate configuration for OneWeb Technologies Global Access Networks and Value-Added Services to support deployment and sustainment of hybrid Geo, MEO and LEO satellite networks.
- Define standard solutions for use by Sales Engineering including defining the boundaries of non-standard solutions.
- Solves client business problems through integration and implementation of custom network solutions.
- Establish metrics for monitoring network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Plan/perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Evaluate, recommend remote and teleport ground station satellite and network equipment.
- Track services through the preparation of status reports.
- Document network configurations for OneWeb Technology services.
- Assist in the network planning and recommendation terrestrial connectivity.
- Develop and maintain performance data metrics of all OneWeb Technologies facilities.
- Develop and maintain project plans and schedules to support completion of new/changes in services.
- Technical focal point to resolve Tier3 operational issues.
- Own and resolve complex technical issues with the operations of satellite and terrestrial networks. Responsible to drive issues to closure.
- Work with end users and technical staff to implement and maintain systems that utilize industry best practices to meet business objectives, while maintaining the security and integrity of data and networks.
- Prepare, coordinate and support user training and documentation and provide technical assistance for post-implementation support issues.
- Installing and maintaining firewalls, establishing, and maintaining company-wide access policies to the internet
- Review and monitor operational performance.
- Implement and maintain periodic performance metrics that ensure the proper operation of the satellite and terrestrial networks at all facilities.
- Maintain detailed documentation of network configurations and baselines.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Perform network and security audits.
- Work to continuously improve efficiency.
- Automate processes where practical.
- Desire a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications engineering or Computer Science with Physics, or Mathematics.
- CCNP or higher certifications is desirable.
- CISSP, Security + is desirable.
- Knowledge of DoD RMF and related NIST security guidance for network systems.
- 15+ years prior experience in network design, implementation, and installation.
- Designing, planning, implementation, and support iDirect technology-based networks.
- Experience in provisioning, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of and experience with a wide range of technologies including routers, switches, VSAT, RF uplink and downlink hardware, satellite modems, and associated redundancy hardware.
- Possess a subject matter expert knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies and routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS traffic engineering and VPN technologies.
- Independent problem-solving skills must be well-balanced with understanding of system/business vs. customer goals to ensure the best technical and business solution is reached.
- Ability to work independently on diverse issues with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills combined with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external organizations.
- TS Security Clearance
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally as required (20%)
About OneWeb Technologies
OneWeb Technologies is the premier global provider of innovative, secure satellite communications (SATCOM) application solutions.
We uniquely combine extensive satellite access and expansive terrestrial capacity with highly effective applications to deliver best-fit, custom end-to-end solutions. For customers requiring instant, robust and easily deployable connectivity, our solutions provide maximum reliability across a wide range of applications.
From broadband Internet access, VoIP and voice, video conferencing and data communications for business continuity to emergency response, tactical field deployment and temporary usage, OneWeb Technologies delivers the ideal satellite communications solution.
OneWeb Technologies provides paramount services, supported by a highly experienced engineering team that is dedicated to setting industry standards, developing secure networks and delivering unparalleled customer service.
The only satellite communications provider with its own network infrastructure and 24/7 primary Network Operations Center located on a secure military base, OneWeb Tecnologies unparalleled global network, industry experience, ISO 9001:2015 registered customer satisfaction processes and engineering expertise exceeds the security and reliability standards of our customers.
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.