Technical Sales Engineer
Work Location: Houston or Virginia
The Technical Sales Engineer is responsible for providing customer requirements based engineering and technical solutions to the sales force. The successful candidate will be self-motivated with a proven Sales Engineering track record, have a current and broad knowledge of Telecommunications and Satellite technology, should be capable of performing technical requirements analysis, high-level satellite/terrestrial/IP network design, proposal cost development and provide support in various customer-facing activities. Should possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. The ideal candidate will be organized and analytical, able to eliminate obstacles through the development of creative and adaptive approaches to varying and complicated customer requirements.
- Work within Sales Engineering processes.
- Maintain a solid overall understanding of mobile and fixed network services.
- Develop satellite link budgets based on RFP/RFQ specifications.
- Identify satellite capacity that can meet customer requirements.
- Develop satellite solutions utilizing TrustComm’s teleport facilities.
- Support interaction with vendors to determine best available satellite earth station and network gateway to meet customer requirements.
- Engineer all aspects of a solution including network designs, network sizing, equipment specifications as well as transmission analyses
- Develop Draft As-Build Documentation and prepare Bill of Materials. Provide other related technical support as required.
- Develop the technical solution and content of proposals for government and commercial customers, to include link budgets, satellite and transponder carrier plans.
- Support the Sales team in business development meetings with customers.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager and third-party/external program vendors/contractors to support execution of a contract.
- Assist Sales in coordination of tests, demos and trials. Write white papers and develop requirements documents.
- Support customer-focused interactions with the Operations, Engineering and Business Development groups, additionally providing expert knowledge on service delivery and technical issues to the Sales & Marketing group.
- Support development of pricing tools for standard service offerings and hardware.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, EE, Management Information Systems, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Sales/Systems Engineering or Network Support/Operations.
- Expert-level knowledge of the key technical aspects of military and commercial satellite services is a must.
- Good understanding of Mobile Satellite services and infrastructure.
- 3+ years experience developing and implementing solutions with Satellite TDMA technologies such as iDirect, Linkway, and Hughes.
- Must have well-developed engineering & decision making skills including:
- Ability to recognize key requirements versus non-critical requirements
- Ability to produce ROMs and quick turnaround estimates at the right stage of the opportunity
- Ability to present complex issues in clearly written language
- Must have excellent software skills with prior experience in MS Office Suite. Experience with satellite link budget tools is highly desired.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to meet with the customer face-to-face on short notice in support of Sales efforts and "surge" requirements.
- Ability to travel, mostly CONUS, and at most average once a month.
- All candidates must be US Citizens, and have the ability to obtain and/or maintain a security clearance.
About OneWeb Technologies
OneWeb Technologies is the premier global provider of innovative, secure satellite communications (SATCOM) application solutions.
We uniquely combine extensive satellite access and expansive terrestrial capacity with highly effective applications to deliver best-fit, custom end-to-end solutions. For customers requiring instant, robust and easily deployable connectivity, our solutions provide maximum reliability across a wide range of applications.
From broadband Internet access, VoIP and voice, video conferencing and data communications for business continuity to emergency response, tactical field deployment and temporary usage, OneWeb Technologies delivers the ideal satellite communications solution.
OneWeb Technologies provides paramount services, supported by a highly experienced engineering team that is dedicated to setting industry standards, developing secure networks and delivering unparalleled customer service.
The only satellite communications provider with its own network infrastructure and 24/7 primary Network Operations Center located on a secure military base, OneWeb Tecnologies unparalleled global network, industry experience, ISO 9001:2015 registered customer satisfaction processes and engineering expertise exceeds the security and reliability standards of our customers.
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.